With Hammer's simple returns policy and advanced replacement warranty, peace of mind is ensured.
Type of returns
Dead on arrival (DOA)
Hammer offers a DOA warranty period of 14 days from invoice date on most products. Within this period, any product confirmed by Hammer as being DOA and covered by our 14 day DOA period will be issued a Returns Material Authorisation (RMA) number. Customers who receive a DOA product are eligible for an advance replacement, subject to stock availability.
Hammer offer a warranty period of 180 days from the date of supply. After this time Hammer will use its reasonable endeavours to pass on the benefit of any extended manufacturer warranty. Product must be returned within the manufacturer’s warranty period to qualify for a warranty return.
Damage in transit
If a shipment appears to have been damaged in transit please do one of the following:
- Refuse the goods as damaged
- Sign for the goods as damaged
- In both cases, you must inform Hammer of your action in writing within two working days
Physical damage to product
If an item is found to have physical damage you must inform Hammer in writing within two working days of receipt.
Either complete a returns request online or download (Excel document) and email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with any additional spreadsheet for large volume returns.
Returns authorisation (RMA)
- Returns will be authorised or declined (usually within 24 hours).
- Authorised returns will be issued a RMA number which is valid for 14 days from the date of issue by Hammer.
- Any forms received incomplete will result in a delay in your RMA number being issued.
- Submitting a request for an Advance Replacement does not guarantee that this will be authorised. Advance replacement units are only issued subject to Hammer holding stock.
- Submitting a request for credit does not guarantee you will be authorised a credit.
Physical return of goods
- All product must be returned within 14 days of RMA Issue Date. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the returns authorisation.
- Products must be returned to the following address by courier (any product returned by post may be refused as this may invalidate the manufacturer warranty):
Intec 1, Intec Business Park
Hampshire RG24 8NE
- Please ensure that only authorised product is returned. Any shipment without a valid RMA number may be refused.
- All returns must be clearly marked with a valid RMA number and a copy of the Returns Authorisation paperwork enclosed. Failure to do so will result in the refusal of the delivery.
- Any specific conditions detailed on your RMA authorisation form must be complied with.
- Packaging must not be defaced, especially if the return is for a retail-type product.
- Original packaging materials should always be kept and used if the product needs to be returned.
- Hard disks must be returned in anti-static and ESD protective packaging. Foam rubber must be used to secure the disks
- Shipping costs are the responsibility of the sender: Customer for returns and Hammer for replacements. (Except if a product is returned as faulty and is subsequently found without fault. Then the shipping is the sole responsibility of the customer.)
Items received by Hammer
- A fee may be charged for any product returned to Hammer as faulty, which is subsequently tested by Hammer and found to be ‘No Fault Found’.
- Any product subsequently found to have not been supplied by Hammer will be returned to you unrepaired.
- By returning product to Hammer you agree that any data may be lost.
- Failure to comply with any conditions detailed on your RMA authorisation form may result in the product being returned to you.
- If an Advance Replacement has been issued, this will be invoiced upon dispatch. This invoice will be credited in full provided that the faulty product has been received by Hammer within 14 days.
RMAs for credit
- Goods being returned for credit must be returned to Hammer within 14 days. If goods are not received back at Hammer within 14 days from Issue Date, Hammer reserves the right to apply a restocking fee on any credit subsequently issued.
- All product being returned for credit must be in its original packaging including all accessories such as cables, manuals, tapes, frames etc. Any product not returned in this condition will be returned to you and will not be credited.
- All products are tested at Hammer upon their return. Specific products are sent to the manufacturer for more detailed testing and analysis. Once all testing is completed, credit will be applied to your account. The value of this credit may not be the original invoice value of the goods but will take into account the age of the goods in accordance with the relevant manufacturer’s credit program.
RMAs for warranty repair/replacement or inspection
- All product returned for warranty repair/replacement or a return for inspection must be in its original packaging or packaging of similar quality. All accessories such as cables, manuals, tapes, frames etc. should not be returned with the product unless you are returning for credit.
- Goods not received by us inside their warranty period will no longer have warranty coverage.
- Any product subsequently found to be out of warranty or to have physical damage will either be subject to a repair fee, returned unrepaired or in some cases may be scrapped by the manufacturer
- If you are returning an item for repair or replacement under warranty you may receive an alternative model or previously repaired unit back as a replacement. If the manufacturer is unable to repair/replace the product then a credit note will be raised.
- The manufacturer warranty repair process can take between 4-6 weeks; however, any repaired/replaced product received back from the manufacturer earlier will be sent through to you upon receipt.